16 March 2011

Forgive The Silence

Thank you for your lovely comments following my last post. It is difficult finding the right words and blog post subjects for the one after your baby has died.

We're doing ok.

I think that's probably the best way to put it. They say the pain of losing a child never goes away, it just becomes a little smoother aorund the edges, and I couldn't have found a better description.

We have decided to leave Spain, well as a matter of fact we had already made this decision at the end of last year but the plan was that Joshua would be with us. It has been for various reasons, mainly for additional support through family and friends as Mr Frog is originally from Dublin. Also we had made contact with the Jack & Jill Children's Foundation, a wonderful organisation providing care and support for children with neurological development issues. Sadly Joshua never made it to Ireland, but we arrived 8 days ago and have now more or less finished unpacking the boxes. We are in the lovely countryside of County Wicklow, but only 40 minutes from the centre of Dublin, our new house is lovely, the school is great, the sun is shining (that probably won't last long) and we're slowly recovering from the strains of the last 12 months. We are taking things easy and are being kind to ourselves, which is the most important thing at the moment.

So on the eve of our first St. Patrick's Day celebration on the Emerald Isle, here's to the future. Let's take it an hour at a time.

Lá Fhéile Pádraig Shona Duit!

4 comments:

Sew Scrumptious said...

So glad that you have posted. Have thought about you lots since your last post. Glad to hear that you are ok. It must have been so hard leaving Spain without Joshua. I guess you just have to get through one day at a time. Good luck in your new life in Ireland. x

Millie said...

I am so sorry to hear about Joshua, I missed your last post...I don't think I have ever commented before, but I have been following your progress since before he was born.
I am in Ireland too....you'll find my contact details on my blog if you ever want to give me a shout.

Stephanie said...

It is nice to read a post from you, meaning you're making your path... Take care of yourself and your family, I have visited Ireland once and love it :-) The sun will come back and warm your heart.

Metropolitan Mum said...

Good to hear from you. You are more than right to be kind to yourselves. All the best to you and your family. Here's to new beginnings in Ireland. Deborah xx